Prospect Evaluation and Due Diligence
Prospect evaluation and due diligence is an integrated study aimed at determining or reviewing a region’s CSG prospectivity. It informs decision making on the viability of a given CSG project and includes:
- Review of regional and local scale geological, surface and subsurface maps to understand the extent of coal seams and their structure.
- Evaluation of regional geological and geophysical data (gravity, magnetic and seismic data).
- Evaluation of coal reservoirs, petrophysics, core analysis, well testing (DST and Production tests).
- Gas production modelling including uncertainty analysis.
- Compilation into a valuation model.
Well Scheduling and Gas Production Modelling
- Covering both coal seam gas and coal mine gas utilisation
- Provision of below ground inputs to the design of surface infra structure
- Well operation parameters
- Field well layout and sequencing
- Gas production forecasting using SIMEDwin
Compliance with SPE PRMS guidelines, which are globally recognised by the Oil and Gas industry.
Reporting of P1, P2, P3 reserve categories.
GeoGAS has developed a standardised approach for preparing CSG resource/reserve reports that provides check-points to the evaluator ensuring regulatory and audit compliance by stock exchanges globally.